I sort of wanted to make a list of everything that went horribly, awfully rotten in the past 12 months – fascinating in the train wreck sort of way. 2007 was unkind - to everyone, everywhere, for every general and personal reason. The cosmos and the calendar aligned in such a manner as to beat our collective conscious into the ground, in the most subtle, insidious and uncaring of ways.
In 2007 I was hunted by my fears. So in the name of rest and recovery, in the interest of taking a year to study the enemy and in honor of what kept me quick and alive while underground, I have forsaken my I Hate The World List and instead present to you proof that 2008 has come to collect in triumphant, ruthless glory:
Notice that the actual music is being drowned out by the singing of the crowd. Hm. But anyway, way to go 2008. I'd like to think that if I had been chosen as Official Vanquisher of Evil, my first act would have been to reunite Led Zeppelin as well.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is absolutely mind-boggling how perfectly cohesive they sound after a...what was it, a 20 year break?
They sound ...ridiculous. Word on the street is that some of the songs are in slightly lower keys for Plant, but I mean. Come on.
They can play in whatever friggin key they want.
Post a Comment